SOCIETATEA NATIONALA NUCLEARELECTRICA S.A. (“SNN”) is the sole nuclear power producer as well as the only manufacturer of CANDU 6-type nuclear fuel in Romania. SNN is a national company incorporated in 1998 currently having the following shareholder structure: the Romanian State represented by the Ministry of Energy (82.4981%) and other individuals and legal persons (17.5019%). SNN is listed on the Bucharest Stock Exchange since 2013.
The company has the registered office in Bucharest and has two subsidiaries:
- Cernavoda Nuclear Power Plant Subsidiary operating Units 1 and 2 producing electrical and thermal energy. Units 1 and 2 are CANDU-type units (CANada Deuterium Uranium) with an installed capacity of about 700 MWe each, using natural uranium as fuel and heavy water as moderator and cooling agent.
- Pitesti Nuclear Fuel Plant Subsidiary is a qualified manufacturer of CANDU 6 type nuclear fuel and fully covers the operating necessities of Units 1 and 2 of Cernavoda NPP.
With two operating units, SNN SA ensures approximately 20% of the domestic consumption of Romania.
The nuclear fuel necessary for the operation of Units 1 and 2 of Cernavoda NPP is manufactured within the Nuclear Fuel Plant Subsidiary (FCN) Pitesti.
In the aforementioned context, SNN is launching by present Notice of intent an evaluation process to select potential suppliers of Zircaloy-4 semi-finished products in the form of: round bar, flat strip (sheet) and rectangular wire.
During the process of evaluation and selection all suppliers of Zircaloy-4 semi-finished products shall have the possibility to participate, if interested, to participate in the acquisition procedures that will be launched by SNN in accordance with the provisions of Law 99/2016.
1) The evaluation and selection of potential suppliers is carried out in accordance with provisions of Law no. 111/1996 on the safe deployment, regulation, authorization and control of nuclear activities, republished, with all subsequent amendments and completions and of the CNCAN Norm NMC-07, graded approach to the application of quality management system class 3 or CSA Standard N299.3-19 or other equivalent standard recognized by the contracting authority.
2) Zircaloy-4 semi-finished products must comply with the technical requirements of the Procurement Specifications:
- S.P. 2.01, 3rd issue "Zircaloy-4 bar for nuclear fuel components";
- S.P. 2.02, 12th issue "Zircaloy-4 flat strip for nuclear fuel components";
- S.P. 2.10, 3rd issue "Zy-4 rectangular wire for nuclear components".
3) The activities that will take place in the process of evaluation and selection of potential suppliers of Zircaloy-4 semi-finished products are described in the document code DDESM-471/09.03.2022 Planning of initial qualification actions.
4) For the process of evaluation of potential suppliers, they will send to SNN FCN Pitesti Subsidiary (no. 1 Campului Street, Mioveni, Arges, Romania) samples of the product offered. The minimum quantity submitted for testing and analysis for each product type (semi-finished product) will be:
- Zy-4 round bar = minimum 2 bars, accompanied by inspection and test bulletins attesting compliance with the requirements of S.P.-2.01 3rd issue;
- Zy-4 Flat strip (sheet), thickness 0.83 mm = minimum 1 kg, accompanied by inspection and test bulletins attesting compliance with the requirements of S.P.-2.02 12th issue;
- Zy-4 Flat strip (sheet), thickness 1.60 mm = minimum 4 kg, accompanied by inspection and test bulletins attesting compliance with the requirements of S.P.-2.02 12th issue;
- Zy-4 Flat strip (sheet), thickness 1.98 mm = minimum 1 kg, accompanied by inspection and test bulletins attesting compliance with the requirements of S.P.-2.02 12th issue;
- Zy-4 rectangular wire = minimum 5 kg of rectangular wire, accompanied by inspection and test bulletins attesting compliance with the requirements of S.P.-2.10 3rd issue;
The above quantities will be free of charge.
5) Testing of product samples submitted for evaluation shall be performed by SNN SA, FCN Pitesti Subsidiary, on its own premises.
The estimated period for evaluation is of maximum 30 calendar days since the arrival of the sample at SNN, FCN Pitesti Subsidiary, no. 1 Campului Street, Mioveni, Arges, Romania.
6) The quantity mentioned at item 4 above shall be delivered with DDP delivery conditions to SNN SA, FCN Pitesti Subsidiary, Arges, Romania, according to INCOTERMS 2020.
The suppliers shall undertake to bear all costs associated to the transportation, insurance, obtaining the export license/ intra-Community transfer license (as applicable) etc., and SNN shall bear the cost for obtaining the import authorization and costs of the testing products samples.
7) Samples will be accompanied by the following documents:
a. Inspection bulletins to prove the compliance of the sample with the requirements of Procurement Specification for the product;
b. Export/ intra-Community transfer license (where appropriate) issued by the regulatory body of the country of origin of the supplier;
c. Information regarding the identity of the sample, as follows:
- Name of manufacturer;
- Country of origin of the material;
- Material type and nominal size;
- The number of the batch and the ingot from which it comes;
- Gross weight and net weight;
- Date of packing.
d. Material Safety Data Sheet according to Regulation (EC) No. 1907/2006 (REACH); if the MSDS does not contain the REACH registration number, the Supplier will send a statement on his own responsibility in which will mention the reason for which the product was not registered.
8) The supplier will send to SNN SA, FCN Pitesti Subsidiary:
a) Form code AC-295C "Supplier presentation report" completed and signed by the declared manufacturer;
b) The manufacturer's declaration accepting the actions to be taken in order to evaluate and select as a possible supplier of semi-finished products from Zy-4 for SNN;
c) Quality Assurance Manual / Quality Manual and Quality Control Plan, Inspection and Tests / Quality Plan developed by the declared manufacturer of the products.
9) Packing, marking, labelling, handling, storage and transportation operations are the responsibility of the supplier and must ensure compliance with the applicable national and international requirements, in accordance with the provisions of Law no. 111/1996 and Norms of nuclear guarantees NGN-01, NGN-02, NGN-03.
10) Administration requirements:
a) SNN, FCN Pitesti Subsidiary will make available to the potential supplier, within a maximum of 5 working days from the request, all legal documents necessary to obtain the export license/ intra-Community transfer license (as applicable) and other necessary licenses/ authorizations/ approvals;
b) The supplier shall make available to SNN, FCN Pitesti Subsidiary, at least 40 days before samples delivery, at least the following information/ documents required to obtain the import/ intra-Community transfer license (as applicable) and other necessary licenses/ authorizations/ approvals:
1°. Material manufacturer data;
2°. Country of origin of the material;
3° Supplier's name and address;
4° Data on how the transport from producer to SNN FCN Pitesti Subsidiary will be performed (e.g.: land-sea/ air-land etc.);
5°. Data regarding the transported material: description, type, ingot / batch number of material, data on the quantity of material (gross weight/ net weight - in kg to one decimal place);
c) The supplier will make available to SNN, FCN Pitesti Subsidiary, within a maximum of 5 working days from the request, other information/ documents than those provided above in Section 10) point b), if they are necessary for obtaining by SNN of the import/ intra-Community transfer license (as applicable) and other necessary licenses/ authorizations/ approvals from the Romanian competent authorities.
All necessary documents and information for participating to the evaluation phase shall be provided, free of charge, for the interested suppliers. The request in this respect shall be sent to [email protected];
[email protected]; [email protected].
Considering the abovementioned, SOCIETATEA NATIONALA NUCLEARELECTRICA SA invites all those interested to participate in the process of evaluation to select potential suppliers of Zircaloy-4 semi-finished products: round bar, flat strip (sheet) and rectangular wire, to send a Letter of Interest to the address:
Societatea Nationala Nuclearelectrica SA – Nuclear Fuel Plant Subsidiary, no. 1 Campului Street, Mioveni, Arges County, Romania phone +40248207700, Fax +40248262499, [email protected];
The clarification requests shall be sent to the addresses:
The validity of this Notice of intent is until 2024.12.31.