CONUAR was established in 1982, its QAP is certified and implemented according to:
- ASME BPVC Sec. III - Sub. NCA-4000 & NQA-1 as N, NPT, NA, NS certificate holder & MO, and also acc. to Sec. VIII as U,
- 10 CFR 50 Appx. B and 10 CFR 21 requirements and,
- ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001.
With an experienced staff of more than 400 employees CONUAR exports safety related parts and components to Brasil, Canada, China, Europe, India, USA and other countries.
CONUAR manufactures since 1982 fuel bundles (PWR, PHWR and MTR / NU, SEU and EU up to 20% enrichment) for the Argentinean NPPs: CAREM25 SMR, Atucha I and II, Embalse CANDU®6 and RA-3 MTR.
CONUAR has two other business units; FAE and SM&S:
- FAE manufactures seamless one-piece tubes up to 35 meters length. The tubing can be delivered U-bended or in a helical-coil condition
The main manufactured materials are Nickel alloy 600, 690, 800, 800H for steam generators; Stainless Steels and Duplex for heat exchangers;Zirconium alloys for Pressure and Calandria Tubes for CANDU® reactors and
Titanium Gr.9 for aircrafts.
- SM&S business unit supplies engineering and high precision manufacturing services (machined, welded and assembled) for safety related components, such as:
Channel Closures, Shield Plugs, End Fittings Assy. and Feeders for CANDU® NPPs
SMR helical-coil steam generators
Vessels and heat exchangers
Guide Tubes for instruments and control rods
Reactivity Control Rods
Boric acid injection systems
Dry storage and transportable flasks, for spend fuels and radioactive waste
SM&S also supplies on-site construction and assembly services, such as reactor feeders assembly or the reactor liner contention for the CAREM25 SMR that can be seen at www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlp9Ann7b9Q