Conuar was established in 1982 and it is certified under ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, EN 9100 (for aerospace) and ASME III N/ NS/ NA/ NPT (for nuclear business).
With more than 500 people and exports to 30 countries, it is the most experienced nuclear company in South America.
Apart from its main activity, producing fuel elements for Small Modular Reactors (CAREM25), Nuclear Power Plants like EMBALSE (Candu reactor) and Atucha I & II ( KWU- Siemens reactors) and research reactors such as RA 3 & RA10, Conuar has several business units:
1) FAE, that manufactures seamless and welded straight, U bend or helical bend tubes up to 36 meters lengths in special alloys like:
· Stainless steel (included Co restricted composition)
· Nickel alloys 600, 690 and 800 for steam generators
· Zirconium (including pressure tubes and Calandria tube for Candu reactors).
All of them are mainly used for nuclear fuel bundles, instrumentation and heat exchangers.
2) Other division, SM&S, produces high precision machined and welded assemblies and components used in the most critical nuclear applications like:
· Channel closure, shield plugs, end fittings and feeders for Candu reactors
· Nuclear flasks for transportation
· Spend fuel dry storages
· Spend fuel baskets
· Nuclear heat exchanger
· Borid acid injection systems
· Coolant channels and guide tubes
· Reactivity control rods
As per customer demands, CONUAR has a service division responsible for onsite constructions and installation.
This division participated in the feeder pipe installation (including bending and welding on site) and now a days is building and installing the steel liner containment for the CAREM25 SMR reactor.