James Fisher Nuclear (JFN) is an established supplier of specialist engineering, manufacturing and technical services for applications within challenging environments or with high integrity requirements. JFN has a diverse range of nuclear customers who operate in the nuclear new build, decommissioning, fuel manufacturing and power generation market sectors.
Calling on the expertise of our highly skilled workforce and our experience spanning the last four decades, JFN has tackled some of the largest technical and manufacturing challenges presented by our nuclear clients.
JFN operates its own in-house design, manufacture, works test facilities and site service operations enabling us to offer a full spectrum of services. From individual bespoke designs to complete turn-key solutions for high integrity projects, JFN ensures that the most complex and critical nuclear projects are delivered safely, on time and within budget.
JFN puts great emphasis on quality and strives to deliver products and services to the highest standard. The company delivers its operations in compliance with the requirements of the BS EN ISO9001 (Quality), ISO14001 (Environment), ISO18001 (Health and Safety) standards, and has extensive experience of delivering systems to demanding industry-specific quality standards.
James Fisher Technologies (JFT) is the US subsidiary of JFN, and offers remote solutions, specialty engineering and technical services to the American market. JFN is part of James Fisher and Sons PLC, a leading provider of marine and engineering services. JFN can leverage its own substantial resources with those of the group and its supply chain to deliver projects from concept through to manufacture, installation and commissioning.
Areas of expertise include:
- Design consultancy for mechanical, electrical, control and instrumentation engineering. Designs are supported by in-house analysis division.
- Engineered containments and gloveboxes, for contamination control
- Shielded equipment and facilities, for high radiation working
- Radiation tolerant equipment, including a suite of electrical connectors and tools for use in high radiation environments
- Safety related systems,
- Trials, training, simulation and R&D services to support the development of new approaches and the transfer of technology from other industries for nuclear applications. Trialling equipment in simulated environments to thoroughly test equipment and rehearse operators before active operations.
- Plant characterization, to assess the condition of operational or redundant plant using a wide range of sensors including remote cameras, sonar, LASER scanning, radiation detectors and NDT techniques in challenging to access areas.
- Building services design
- Mechanical and remote handling, of a wide range of materials
- Manipulators and tooling, for a wide variety of tasks in hostile environments including cutting and welding
- Remote inspection, and camera systems
- Modular and containerised systems, including waste processing plants
- Radiation protection instrumentation, installation, maintenance, repair calibration and service,
- X-ray systems for the inspection of nuclear waste
- NDT services during new build and outages