Decommissioning of the Floating Maintenance Base (FMB), Russia, (Deadline: 1 August 2013).13 August 2012
A tender for the decommissioning of the Floating Maintenance Base (FMB) "Lepse," currently moored in FSUE Atomflot, Murmansk, Russia, is expected to be launched in the third quarter of 2012. The estimated cost of the project is approximately Euro 50 Million.
The "Federal Centre for Nuclear and Radiation Safety" is the Recipient of the Grant Implementing Agreement signed with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development for funding the work prior to the unloading of the spent nuclear fuel (SNF) and retrieving of radwaste (RW) from the FMB “Lepse” in a safe and efficient manner.
The following services, works and goods are planned to be covered by the project:
• Consultancy services to support the project management unit, provide site operator services and design supervision;
• Development of the required documentation for the implementation of the works;
• Purchase, manufacture and supply of equipment and tools for the discharge of SNF and RW handling;
• Development of the infrastructure at Nerpa shipyard in the Murmansk region and Construction of the Lepse Containment Shelter and installation of equipment and facilities;
• Preparation of the Lepse for transport;
• Relocation of the Lepse from the Atomflot site to the Nerpa Shipyard;
• Placement of Lepse on the slipway at Nerpa Shipyard and establishment of the SNF compartment;
• Placing the SNF compartment within the containment shelter and establishment of the SNF unloading station and a station for loading Spent Fuel Assemblies into canisters.
Interested suppliers, contractors and consultants should contact:
Mr. Mikhail Repin, Head of PMU, FSUE "FCNRS", 5 Pyzhevsky per., Moscow, 119017, Russian Federation. Tel.: +7 (495) 780-74-83. Fax: +7 (495) 324-02-05, e-mail: RepinMV@fcnrs.ru with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org