Cameco increases stake in Millennium project

12 June 2012

Cameco has closed a $150 million agreement to purchase AREVA's 27.94% interest in the Millennium uranium project in northern Saskatchewan. Cameco’s interest in the project now stands at 69.9%, with the remaining 30.1% of the company owned by JCU (Canada) Exploration Co.

The Millennium project is a proposed uranium mine located in the Athabasca Basin of northern Saskatchewan consisting of 590 hectares of land. Exploration on the Millennium project area to date has identified indicated resources of 50.9 million pounds of U3O8 (507,800 tonnes with an average grade of 4.55%) and inferred resources of 16.7 million pounds of U3O8 (297,800 tonnes with an average grade of 2.54%).

The terms of the purchase agreement provides AREVA with a 4% royalty on revenue from 27.94% of any production that exceeds 63 million pounds U3O8 from the project.




Privacy Policy
We have updated our privacy policy. In the latest update it explains what cookies are and how we use them on our site. To learn more about cookies and their benefits, please view our privacy policy. Please be aware that parts of this site will not function correctly if you disable cookies. By continuing to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy unless you have disabled them.