The US government’s Blue Ribbon Commission on America’s Nuclear Future (BRC) will be hosting public meetings to solicit feedback on the draft commission report, in association with state regional groups that work on high-level radioactive waste policy.
Whilst much of the testimony to the BRC was given in Washington, DC, now the BRC is going on tour with a series of one-day meetings to present the draft BRC report (issued on July 29, 2011), and to hear feedback.
The current schedule is:
- September 13, 2011: Denver, CO (Embassy Suites, 1420 Stout Street)
- October 12, 2011: Boston, MA (Harvard Medical School Conference Center, 77 Louis Pasteur, Longwood Harvard University, Cambridge)
- October 18, 2011: Atlanta, GA (Marriot Marquis, 265 Peachtree Center Avenue)
- October 20, 2011: Washington, DC (Hilton Garden Inn, 815 14th Street NW)
- October 28, 2011: Minneapolis, MN (Hyatt Regency, 1300 Nicollet Mall)
Other dates and locations are to be determined.
The meetings will begin with a briefing from Commission staff on the draft report, followed by comments from elected and appointed state and regional representatives. The latter portion of the meeting will be devoted to a facilitated and interactive breakout opportunity for all who attend, and will conclude with a public comment period.
All public are welcome to attend. Pre-registration will be strongly encouraged but not required. Transcripts (not webcasts) of the meetings will be made available on the website, along with all written comments anyone chooses to offer.
The draft full commission report has been published for comments (see file attachment) until 31 October 2011. Directions on how to comment are contained in the document.