PATRAM 2010 is the 16th International Symposium on the Packaging and Transport of Radioactive Materials and is the major international conference dedicated entirely to the exchange of information on the future of packaging and transport of radioactive material. It wil take place in London from 3-8 October 2010.
In line with the symposium theme of ‘looking to the future’ PATRAM 2010 will provide an opportunity for the nuclear, medical and industrial sectors to present and discuss their transport related technical topics and issues.
The call for papers is now open until 31 January 2010 and the submission of abstracts is encouraged on topics and issues that affect the packaging and transport of radioactive materials:
• Package design assessment; mechanical, thermal, containment, radiation protection and criticality
• Package design inspection and verification regimes
• Evolution of transport regulations and managing the effects over long timescales
• Maintenance, spares and configuration management
• International transport of radioactive material
• Packaging manufacturing
• Package testing
• Radiation protection programmes
• Training and education
• Records management
• Causes of denial of shipment and public acceptability
• Regulation and operational issues for land, sea and air modes
Related ArticlesConstruction start at Sanmen 2 Construction starts at Sanmen CVBH hoisted into place at Haiyang; and more World survey part 3: Asia Commissioning begins of second Ling Ao II unit Construction starts on Fangjiashan 2 Shaw signs support contract for further Chinese AP1000s Emerson wins valve orders for Sanmen and Haiyang First concrete at China’s Haiyang