A small fire slightly injured two workers at Tohoku Electric Power's Onagawa plant in Miyagi Prefecture.
According to local officials, the fire at unit 2 started when the two workers accidentally punctured a spray can that ignited a plastic sheet during an inspection. They received slight burns to their faces, and the sheet was the only item burned.
The incident cannot be technically categorised as one of radiation exposure since the level of radiation was extremely low.
Related ArticlesIAEA approves anti-terrorism plan