Solicitation Number: 2DB00-JOK-09-001
Statement of Work:
The scope of this task is to develop a method to predict the long-term fate of low-level waste glass in the subsurface over geologic time scales. In order to accomplish this task, there are four activities:
1. Identify an accepted method of testing glass performance in IDF
2. Prepare samples and perform accelerated testing of glass chemistry
3. Develop a computer simulation to model glass performance
4. Validate simulation with long term glass testing
The potential offerors that receive this statement of work are expected to answer the following questions:
1. Description of the nuclear capabilities and experience as pertaining to the statement of work.
2. Provide a sample of recommended long term tests
3. Provide a rough order of magnitude (R.O.M.) and a long term test schedule
4. Type of code used for long term testing
5. Quality Assurance Program description.
Primary Point of Contact.:
James O Knight,
Related ArticlesA busy year for SWU GLE submits licence application for laser enrichment plant NRC accepts GE-Hitachi laser enrichment application