Egyptian NPP contracts should be signed this year

9 August 2016

Egypt and Russia have agreed on all the clauses of the commercial contract for construction of Egypt's first NPP, according to the Egyptian presidential office. A date for signature of the contract is expected to be announced following approval by Egypt's Council of State. Russia and Egypt last year signed an intergovernmental agreement on construction of four 1,200MWe reactors at El Dabaa on the Mediterranean Sea and an intergovernmental agreement on the terms of a Russian loan. It was reported that the amount of the loan would be $25bn, which would be used to finance 85% of the construction project.  Egypt   pay the remaining 15% of the project cost. The project contract package, including an integrated contract for engineering, design and construction work (the EPC-contract), the fuel contract for the whole plant life, service contract and a contract for decommissioning the station at the end of its design life, is expected to be signed this year. 



Privacy Policy
We have updated our privacy policy. In the latest update it explains what cookies are and how we use them on our site. To learn more about cookies and their benefits, please view our privacy policy. Please be aware that parts of this site will not function correctly if you disable cookies. By continuing to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy unless you have disabled them.