Contract forecast notice: support to the operators in the preparation of safety assessment reports for Georgian radwaste disposal and interim storage sites (G4.01.09)9 July 2012
In July the European Commission intends to publish a contract notice for a project to improve nuclear safety in Georgia through safety assessment of an interim storage facility and a disposal site.
1. Publication reference: EuropeAid/133189/C/SER/GE.
2. Procedure: Restricted.
3. Programme: NSI.
4. Financing: Financing agreement.
5. Contracting authority: European Union, represented by the European Commission, on behalf of and for the account of the beneficiary country, Tbilisi, GEORGIA.
6. Nature of contract: Fee-based.
7. Contract description: The overall objective of the project is the improvement of nuclear safety in Georgia through the safety assessment of an interim storage facility and a disposal site, including the identification of any additional equipment and training needs arising from the envisaged obligations of the operators and an assessment of the impact of the possible disposal of orphan radioactive sources on the expected radwaste inventory of the disposal site.
8. Numbers and titles of lots: The contract is divided into lots: No, 1 lot only.
9. Budget: Maximum budget: 500 000 EUR.
10. Intended timing of publication of procurement notice: July 2012.
11. Additional information
12. Legal basis: Council Regulation (Euratom) No 300/2007 of 19.2.2007 establishing an Instrument for Nuclear Safety Cooperation (OJ L 81, 22.3.2007, p. 1).
13. Date of dispatch of this notice: 13.6.2012.
Remarks: No applications or requests for information should be sent at this stage.